rash and bilirubin high

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash and bilirubin high

I have had a rash for over 2 weeks that started on my legs and arms.  I was seen and given prednisone because we believed it was poison oak.  I finished my antibiotic on Saturday and it wasn’t any better it’s actually worst.  I now have it on my legs, arms, back and stomach.  I had lab work on Wednesday because she believes it could be something more serious.  So we tested me for RA  (I have a family history), celiac disease (no family history), and did a CMP.  All the test came back negative but my bilirubin can back high at 1.3.  What in the world is going on and where do I go next?  Everything I read tells me it could be my liver and could come from drinking and drug and I don’t do either one.
Hyperbilirubinemia may be found in malaria, hemolytic anemia, hepatitis, biliary stricture and drug induced. Liver disease can often cause raised bilirubin levels.

It is best to get a complete liver function tests, (especially the enzymes alanine transaminase, aspartate transaminase, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, alkaline phosphatase), blood film examination (hemolysis, etc.) or evidence of infective hepatitis (e.g., hepatitis A, B, C, delta, E, etc.) done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I think I am going crazy.  I have been to 2 doctors and will be on my 3rd one tomorrow which is a dermatogist.  I have had a complete liver function test and everything has come back normal.  They really don't feel like I have Hepatitis so they haven't ran the test.  The doctor I seen first I actually work with and didn't really want to refer me out and wanted me to make my own referral.  I have never been to a dermatologist so it's 3 more week before I could get in so I went for a second opinion at another doctor's office.  He feels like it is fungal but still is not sure.  He was able to rush my referral through and get a doctor to see me Monday but they have called and is working me in tomorrow.  I don't drink and I have never done drugs so everyone is lost as to what it is.  I will let you know when I find out something I hope some light is shred tomorrow because it's been 3 weeks and no relief, it's actually getting worst.