Aa
A
A
Close
rash and high bilirubin
I have had a rash for over 2 weeks that started on my legs and arms.  I was seen and given prednisone because we believed it was poison oak.  I finished my antibiotic on Saturday and it wasn’t any better it’s actually worst.  I now have it on my legs, arms, back and stomach.  I had lab work on Wednesday because she believes it could be something more serious.  So we tested me for RA  (I have a family history), celiac disease (no family history), and did a CMP.  All the test came back negative but my bilirubin can back high at 1.3.  What in the world is going on and where do I go next?  Everything I read tells me it could be my liver and could come from drinking and drug and I don’t do either one.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
Hyperbilirubinemia may be found in malaria, hemolytic anemia, hepatitis, biliary stricture and drug induced. Liver disease can often cause raised bilirubin levels.

It is best to get a complete liver function tests, (especially the enzymes alanine transaminase, aspartate transaminase, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, alkaline phosphatase), blood film examination (hemolysis, etc.) or evidence of infective hepatitis (e.g., hepatitis A, B, C, delta, E, etc.) done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank