rash and itchy all over

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash and itchy all over

I really wish someone can help me with my problem. I have went to the dermatologist and they couldn't help me or they didn't diagnose my problem correctly since i still have this itch day in and day out.
I have had this condition for about 6 months now. my whole body is always itchy. Most of the time its not too serious and it does not bother me. the times when it flares up is usually when my body gets hot, or when at night when I'm just sitting at home. Whenever I have my laptop on my lap, the heat it generates makes my legs flare up and the itch starts. The areas where it usually itch are my legs, arms, stomach area and chest. pretty much everywhere. whenever it starts to itch, and I scratch it, it seem like it spreads and more and more area becomes itchy. Also there are darker spots that appears on the skin that usually where the itch starts. I live in Las Vegas and I know we have extreme dry weather here and my skin is always dry. But i try to put lotion on each day and that helps. I recently read up on scabies and my condition looks almost the same but just all the pictures I've seen are more extreme than what i am experiencing. Maybe I have a mild case of scabies. I am not sure.
Itchy skin that isn't accompanied by other obvious skin changes, such as a rash, is most often caused by dry skin (xerosis). Dry skin usually results from environmental factors that you can wholly or partially control. These include hot or cold weather with low humidity levels, long-term use of air conditioning or central heating, and washing or bathing too much.

Other conditions cause itchy skin as well. Skin conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis, lice,scabies and hives, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders, diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals,wool,soaps,cosmetics and certain foods  can cause itchy skin.

You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Please take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist.