rash around belly bar

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash around belly bar

i got my belly button pierced about 4 months ago, it got infected about 2 months after i had got it done but it was only a little lump on the top of the piercing, it sometimes pussed but apart from tha there was no pain. but i went to the doctors when the lump started getting bigger and hurting and he gave me some antibiotics, they cleared it up but then it came back and i got a huge rash all over my belly. its really red in the middle and bumpy, what do i do?
From the symptoms one of the possibilities that need urgent evaluation is allergic contact dermatitis to the material of the metal of the navel piercing. Since you are having redness and discharge of pus from the piercing, it is due to infection of the skin over there. It can be confirmed after culture sensitivity of the wound swabs/blood/discharge from the site of piercing. Specific antibiotics are then prescribed.

Please consult a physician as antibiotics are available on prescription and diagnosis of infection can be confirmed after examination and culture of the pus swabs. You can also confirm whether the metal is causing an allergy by MELISA (Memory Lymphocyte Immunostimulation Assay) test which is a blood test that is confirmatory for metal allergy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.