rash around eyes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash around eyes

i have deloped a rash on the upper part of the lid of my eyes and in the inner corner, extending to directly under my eye on the lower protion.  It will also swelll up so the my upper lid is impeding vision.  Have not use any new cleanser or eye cream.  Trying to find out what it could be.  Cold packs makes it worse, warm packs soothe but doesn't go away, lowers swelling for a time.
Tags: eye rash
From the symptoms it can be periocular dermatitis which can be caused due to an allergic reaction to the eye makeup or cosmetics on face. Discontinue applying all face creams including topical steroids, cosmetics and sunscreens. Wash the face with warm water alone while the rash is present. When it has cleared up, use a non-soap bar or liquid cleanser.  Your doctor or dermatologist may also prescribe a course of oral antibiotics for six to twelve weeks. Normally tetracycline or one of its derivatives is recommended.

I would suggest you to get an examination done from a dermatologist and the diagnosis confirmed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.