rash around neck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash around neck

friend has itching, scaling, crusting rash on posterior neck, and now on sides of neck some ring formation-red rash.
She went to Dermatologist who never mentioned ring worm and prescribed and antifungal cream.  To me it sounds like, looks like and feels like ringworm. She needs a better treatment and to protect her from spreading it further to herself and others. What should she do?
From the symptoms the possibilities of ringworm or nummular dermatitis need to be ruled out. Nummular dermatitis is a sort of eczema and allergic reaction is an important cause. Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin and apply some calamine lotion on the rash. Also wear cotton clothes and keep the skin sweat free. If the symptoms persist then please get it examined from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I've got the same but it's very saw and only 11