rash around the waist
i have a very itchy rash that started on my hip months ago.. when i get upset or nervous or sit in hot water it intensifys the itch.. any comments on what it could be?
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis, heat rash or eczema. If the rash is involving a particular dermatome and is painful along with itchy, then shingles needs to be ruled out.

Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating .Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

If the symptoms are severe then please consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing