rash between scrotum and thigh

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash between scrotum and thigh

I'm pretty nervous to ask, and plan to see a doctor when I can but here we go. I have had a bit of an itch between my scrotum and my thigh. It's not that bad of an itch and seems to itch more so at night. Last day or 2 I've noticed it to be more red then usual and could be from itching it though I try not to..  And all and all it's not really bad or and not really painful, but the redness and rash likeness worries me. My question is could it be an std or just some kind of fungus? I did have unprotected oral done on me about 3 weeks ago. It doesn't seem to be common characteristics of herpes that I've read about plus it's not on the penis at all. And I didn't have ay contact with her genital regions. Any clue to what it could be or what could cause it?
From the symptoms it can be due to tinea cruris or fungal infection. Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins. The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton underwear and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels.Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for your response. Based on What I described what do you think the chances of it being an STD?
From what you have described, it is less likely that you are having any STD. it can be due to a fungal infection which I have explained earlier in my post. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and start with the treatment. In the meanwhile you should keep the area dry and change your clothes twice.

I hope it help. Take care and regards.
Thanks for the advise. And if you are interested in an update I did go to a local clinic and he said he was 99% sure it was jock itch. Gave me a prescription and in almost 2 days already close to gone. Will continue to use it for about 2 weeks though.

Thanks again
Can you name what was prescribed to you ?