Aa
A
A
Close
rash comes and goes
I have rashes that come and go without rhyme or reason. I've tried tracking an irritant, but nothing is consistent. Any ideas about why rashes show up on my face or chest? It's itchy, not scaly, defined edge and it's just one big raised red area!! Thanks, please, any ideas are appreciated.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Aside from irritation, other differentials include allergic reactions,infection, hives, other skin rashes caused by sweat or solar dermatitis. Miliaria or sweat rash presents with  small and itchy rashes and  common hot and humid conditions. It occurs when the sweat gland ducts get plugged due to dead skin cells or bacteria . The trapped sweat leads to irritation, itching and to a rash of very small blisters, usually in a localized area of the skin.Try to avoid scratching the lesions to prevent secondary infection.  Avoid sweat provoking activities, wear loose clothing and showering frequently may help. Topical antibacterial medications may also help.  If it persists, have this evaluated further for proper management.

Take care and regards.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources