Dermatology Community
rash crevice between buttocks
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rash crevice between buttocks

I developed a rash between my buttock cheeks that is itchy and red, but not really swollen.  Neosporin made the rash disappear some, but not entirely.  Upon further examination I realized I had a yeast infection.  Purchased Monistat and used some of the cream topically on the rash.  Rash became worse and spread up to top of crevice at end of lower back.  Tried zinc oxide diaper cream, but rash continues to itch and be there.  Is this a fungal infection I should treat with something like Lamasil?
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Causes of itchy rash between the buttocks include moisture(due to sweating or frequent washing), the abrasion caused by clothing,the pressure of sitting,chemical irritants like laundry soaps, colognes and scented toilet paper,certain food irritants,medicines like some antibiotics and laxatives,infections like STD’s and pinworms,anal abrasions and fissures and skin problems such as psoriasis, seborrhea and eczema.

Treatment of anal itching depends on the cause of the problem. It may include self-care measures, changes to your diet, treatment of infections or, rarely, surgery to correct an underlying problem.So pls get an examination done by a surgeon to confirm the diagnosis.Till that time,try an over-the-counter (OTC) cream or ointment containing hydrocortisone (Cortaid, Preparation H),but it is to be applied sparingly to the affected area. A protective ointment that contains zinc oxide (Desitin, Balmex) also may help. If your symptoms are worse at night, pls take an antihistamine like benadryl to reduce itching until topical treatments take effect.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...