rash crevice between buttocks
I developed a rash between my buttock cheeks that is itchy and red, but not really swollen.  Neosporin made the rash disappear some, but not entirely.  Upon further examination I realized I had a yeast infection.  Purchased Monistat and used some of the cream topically on the rash.  Rash became worse and spread up to top of crevice at end of lower back.  Tried zinc oxide diaper cream, but rash continues to itch and be there.  Is this a fungal infection I should treat with something like Lamasil?
Causes of itchy rash between the buttocks include moisture(due to sweating or frequent washing), the abrasion caused by clothing,the pressure of sitting,chemical irritants like laundry soaps, colognes and scented toilet paper,certain food irritants,medicines like some antibiotics and laxatives,infections like STD’s and pinworms,anal abrasions and fissures and skin problems such as psoriasis, seborrhea and eczema.

Treatment of anal itching depends on the cause of the problem. It may include self-care measures, changes to your diet, treatment of infections or, rarely, surgery to correct an underlying problem.So pls get an examination done by a surgeon to confirm the diagnosis.Till that time,try an over-the-counter (OTC) cream or ointment containing hydrocortisone (Cortaid, Preparation H),but it is to be applied sparingly to the affected area. A protective ointment that contains zinc oxide (Desitin, Balmex) also may help. If your symptoms are worse at night, pls take an antihistamine like benadryl to reduce itching until topical treatments take effect.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

For several months now I have had what looks like small lesions with a rash between my buttocks the area at the top just below my lower back in between checks.  It starts off itching really bad and then turns into what I described.  I went to my gyn and she gave me some ointment in a tube.  It doesn't work that well.  It clears up sometimes but comes back.  I'm hoping it isn't serious.  Also when I sit to use bathroom during my breakouts it really hurts because it forces my cheeks to spread.  Its at the crease and slightly around the crease just below my lower back.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you