Dermatology Community
rash from burns
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rash from burns

I know this is going to sound weird, but i have been breaking out from sun exposure fro the last 10 years or so. Recently I got a scald burn on my wrist and I developed a rash from the burn. I am wondering now if I have some type of reaction to heat or what. It's just really weird. It breaks out in bumps that itch like crazy and takes about a week to go away. Has anyone ever heard of this and what can I do for it?
Related Discussions
  • Sun Rash (1 replies):
    I get a red itchy rash on my arms and hands from the sun...[more]
  • Cold (1 replies):
    Hey, im 11 and each time i gop out in the sun i fell lig...[more]
  • sun rash (3 replies):
    hi i am 27 years old female with weatish to dark complex...[more]
  • Itchy lower legs (1 replies):
    Since I have started wearing capris and going outside. ...[more]
  • Hives and the Sun (1 replies):
    I have been getting red, itchy hives after brief sun exp...[more]
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
These symptoms can be due to solar urticaria. Apply a good sunscreen with minimum spf 30 atleast half an hour before going out in the sun. You can take non-sedating antihistamines such as Cetirizine or Loratadine(Claritin) when the rash appears. Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms. You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. Also apply calamine lotion and a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash.

To prevent solar urticaria in future, desensitization using phototherapy and photochemotherapy are often advised.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank