rash in 5 year old

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash in 5 year old

my 5 year old had a slight fever at 101 on Wed. We picked him up from school. Then he started to have a rash around his mouth on that night, slight pink/almost not visible to naked eye tiny bumps. The next morning it spread around his face, then throughout his entire body except his hand, feet and ears.  I have did some research and it may seems like a rash from his fever? heat rash?  But his fever since has gone away, he has only slight runny nose now but his rash has only slightly improved.  We have given him a dose of childrens claritin each day for 3 days now.  Anyone know what this may be?  I am going to bring him in to see a doctor if it doesn't improve in another 2/3 days but wondering if I should bring him to ER instead if it's something serious. Thx!
Such a rash can be due to an allergic reaction or a viral rash. You should use mild soaps and apply some calamine lotion on the rash. If it itches then you can take some antihistaminic lie Benadryl or Claritin. If the rash spreads then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much for the response!  I actually took my son to see our Ped.the next day and he said it was viral rash.  It fully went away 2/3 days later on it's own course. Thank goodness it wasn't anything serious.  Thx again!