rash in penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash in penis

hi, last time i had sex was a week a go. I used the new latex condoms ecstasy. 2 weeks prior i had an std exam where everything came out negative. i am uncircumside and i have a rash in my penis area not the skin, the actual penis. After having sex my penis was really soar and red. i did not even want to touch it. eventually got better but then i saw some small red pimple like bumps. a rush sort of like i have previously had in my skin before. then, they seem to have started to go away, but they seem to show up again when my penis gets wet ( i wash it). it has being a week. there i not warts, i went to the doctor and he said it does not appear to be any type of std. he said to give it time. they did not re examine me for stds again. i had sex with the same girl.
please help

This discussion is related to Red rash on penis head.
From the symptoms it looks like an allergic reaction to the condoms or friction rub during intercourse. Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin or against a foreign material. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.