rash like mosquito bites.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash like mosquito bites.

I have a rash that started on the backs of my hands. at first I thought they were mosquito bites because they itch and look like them.  However, a few days later there a whole bunch of them started to appear.  Now I have them on the backs of my hands, the insides of my elbows, my forearms, buttocks,  and underarms.  I'm going to see a doctor about them but he can't see me for almost a week and these rashes are pretty irritating. what is it? any thoughts?
also, I should mention that I live in a very small house with several dogs.
From the symptoms the possibility of scabies needs to be ruled out. It is an infestation of the skin with the Sarcoptes scabiei mite. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers