rash looks like a scratch
I HAVE A RASH LIKE THAT I CAN SEN YOU A PIC IF YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT IT IS

This discussion is related to rash that looks like scratches.

Would you be able to elaborate more on the character of this rash?

It is all right to send an image.

However,I still have a few questions for clarifications:

Where is this rash located?

Is this localized in one area of the body or is this something that involves  many areas?

Did the rash appear suddenly?

Any known allergies and possible known triggers for the rash?

Is the rash reddish, violaceous, skin colored?

Is it flat or elevated?

Is it scaly, shiny ?

Is it itchy or painful?

Do you have other known medical disorders?

I have the exact same rash that looks like this. In the last 2 weeks it has spread all over my body, and comes and goes throughout the day. It appeared quite suddenly, I have never had it before and have no allergies. I only have hay fever which only happens in the summer for me. The rash is red, and mostly is flat but can sometimes be elevated. It is itchy and can sometimes feel like its burning. I have no other medical disorders.
My son has the exact description that you are describing.  It is driving me crazy(and its not me who has the rash!!), definately comes and goes.  Dr. seemed to think it was viral hives, disappears with benedryl.  He has never had an allergy.  I have 3 other kids and they have no signs of it.  We are on our 3rd week of this.

my Husband has the same rash and symptoms. we are going crazy trying to fine out what this is. he is on week 5.
hi there ... I have the same rash going on 7th week thought it was getting better but it came back.   Have been to 3 dr no luck all morons.  Do you have any advice.  
My 14 year old son has this rash. It looks like he was clawed and it will be red, the clawed like areas are raised. this is usually on his back and sides. Sometimes looks almost cut along underwear line. Then it can spread and he will have red areas on his face, arms, neck and stomach. Sometimes will small bumps. It itches him and sometimes burns a bit. Benedryl helps. What is the hell is this??? It started several weeks ago. Just randomly gets it.
Dermatographitis is what my sons rash is called. We are seeing an allergy specialist in 2 weeks. Such a crazy rash!! At least we are relieved it isn't dangerous, simply annoying and itchy!! You can literally write on his skin and it shows up with raised 'hives' and red itching skin.  Cold and exercise bring it on too. Zyrtec is helping but he will stop all meds a week before his first appointment. They will do skin testing and blood work. Will keep you posted.
my grandson, 13 years old has the same thing.  I've taken him to emergency, and to his doctor a few times too.  I try to narrow it down to what it could be but then it pops up when ever it wants.  I was wondering if it could be caused by stress?  
My son who is 10 has the same rash. Looks like he was scratched. he gets itchy and hot and these scratch lines appear and goes away within about 15  minutes or so.. has been happening now for weeks and is more frequent now. Rash appears on his hip (underwear line)  and on the inside of his forearms and legs. Did you ever find out what kind of rash this is?  Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Did you ever find out the cause?  My 10 year old son has the exact thing you have described.