rash near belly button

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash near belly button

I have had a rash for several months near belly button. Not so itchy but  It is dry and scaly and red.  it is an irregular reddish spots. I have had hernia surgery in 2005 and tummy tuck in 2000 which was way below this area but belly button was cut.   Could it be psoriasis?

This discussion is related to Itchy rash that won't go away.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Psoriasis symptoms can vary from person to person but may include one or more of the following: red patches of skin covered with silvery scales, small scaling spots, dry or cracked skin that may bleed, Itching or  burning. Psoriasis can be diagnosed with a visual exam but a biopsy of the skin lesion may be done and examined under a microscope to determine the exact type of psoriasis and to rule out other disorders such as seborrheic dermatitis, lichen planus, neurodermatitis, and pityriasis rosea.
It would be good to see your doctor for proper evaluation and to rule out other causes.

Take care and keep us posted.