rash on body and face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash on body and face

hi, im a 19 year old male.
4 days ago, i noticed some bumps on my face and necks in the mirror, they are white, its allmost like spots underneath skin. there is lots of them.
Then the next day i have red spots all over the top half of my body. They itch a little, and very slightly painful. i hvae a wart looking growth on my penis and im going to the clinic this week. would this be related?
i would apreciate any feedback as this is very worrying.
thankyou
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi.

As this is related to your post, may I ask if you have been sexually active?

Sexually transmitted disease may present as a rash. Another thing to consider here is a fungal infection, a dermatitis or an allergic reaction. It is important to note the circumstances surrounding the onset of these  rash. I suggest that you have this assessed by your internist. A systemic disease has to be ruled out first. A rash may also be due to viral infections.

With regards to the penile condition, I suggest that you have this assessed also. Genital warts have to be ruled out in your case.

For how long have you experienced this rash?

Is the rash itchy?

Is it scaly?
its itches mostly when im in bed. but its not that bad. theres no scaling, maybe a little, but nothing noticable.
i first saw the bumps on my face 1 week ago. are all of these possible causes curable? will i recover on my own?
the rash is most frequent on my shoulders and top of torso.
thanks
oh and no i havent been sexually active for a few months
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi.

This may be miliaria or a sweat rash. If you have been outdoors most of the time, then this may be a likely differential. Sweat rash may present with reddish rash which may be blistering on the surface. They may be itchy and they may occur in covered areas of the body.

I suggest that you have this assessed initially by your doctor. This does not sound very urgent nor does this entail immediate intervention. However, if a fungal infection is a differential here, then this has to be treated as fungal infections are contagious.
i was outdoors a lot in the last fortnight, but not at all this week as its been raining. how long does the rash last? if it only ocurs in covered areas of the body, why is there white bumps on my face?
thanks