DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
rash on buttocks and back of upper legs
by pistolizer, Sep 30, 2008
The title of my post pretty much says it all. I've had this off and on for about two weeks. It initially started on a hot day when I was at my desk essentially all day at work and was kind of sweaty/hot. Rash is initially itchy but becomes sore at some points, especially when I sit in one spot for prolonged periods of time. Also it gets quite irritated after I work out at the gym, but then "cools off" after I get home and take a cold shower. No puss or anything like that, but lots of pink/red pimple type things on my backside. I'm a 29 yr old male in pretty good shape/health if that matters. And pretty freaked out at the moment! Any info would help. Thanks!
Member Comments (2)
by BhumikaMD, Sep 30, 2008

There could be several causes for the symptoms you are having. You should reconsult with your doctor to rule out the following possible causes -

'Perfumes, chemicals, or dye on toilet paper can cause an allergic reaction.

Moisture from sweat or diarrhea may cause itching. If the anal skin stays wet, the skin begins to break down.

Some foods irritate the anus when they are expelled during a bowel movement. The most common culprits are caffeine, chocolate, beer, nuts, dairy products, and spicy food.

Infections such as pinworms, yeast, and genital warts can cause itching.

Hemorrhoids, which cause painful swelling of blood vessels in the anal area, can cause itching.

Cancer, in rare instances, may be a cause.'

Therte are certain factors which predispose to the risk of developing anal itching as a symptom.

'Factors that put people most at risk for anal itching are as follows:

Diabetes

Recent antibiotic use

Chronic dry skin conditions such as psoriasis and seborrhea

Profuse sweating.'

Do discuss these with your doctor and exclude any possible causes in your case.

Post us if you need any further information and let us know about how you are doing.

Regards.

by gagsy, Sep 30, 2008
hiya,
well im no doctor but it sounds like good old sweat/heat rash to me,im 36 and ive had psoriasis since i was 19,bad periods & not so bad,i get scaley spots in the same place  as yours and although heat/sweat can intensify them they never really look like pimples,more like lots of little roundish rashes with white scaley skin.
I think if you just try to keep that area as dry and sweat free as you can you may see improvement,i always find a mild non perfumed (johnsons baby powder) talc helps protect against sweating,hope this mite help.
good luck