Dermatology Community
rash on face
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rash on face

I was cooking and had grease pop up and hit me in two small spots on my face by my nose and mouth.  A few weeks later it turned into more like a rash on my face and it is growing.  I have tried several products and its burns sometimes.  A few times I thought it was getting itchy but then not really.  I need advice on how to make this rash go away. It looks like several red spots around one side of my nose and beside to below my mouth.  I can't understand it, I have kept it clean and tried to keep it under control, but nothing is working.  Please help me.  Thanks Mary

This discussion is related to Rashes on face?.
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like irritant contact dermatitis.
Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves.If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then pls get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...