rash on my nose

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash on my nose

3759832?1228969371
I have had this rash for more than three months and is is spreading. It started around my mouth then moved to my nose and has spread quickly .Noe I don't have anything around my mouth, but it is on my nose (under) and it hurts .My skin is dry and red and there are very small pimples with water inside. What could that be? Could it be serious?Could I  pass this to my baby when kiss him? Help please
How did the rash form around your mouth?  Did it form in clusters?  Did it form to the sides of the mouth, or on the lower chin?  Did any of the rash have heads or were they flat to the skin?  Lastly, do they itch or just hurt?  

Without examaintion confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be perioral dermatitis or eczema.P typically affects the nasolabial folds, perioral area or perioccular area. It usually affects women between the ages of 20 and 45.

Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, Solvents, chemicals, certain foods, food additives, plants, metals, cosmetics, even urine and faeces of some animals (dust mites).

See the treatment modalities for both are different and so it is better to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Till then Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries