rash on one side of face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash on one side of face

I have this strange rash on the side of my face that starts at about the top of my cheek and ends at my chin. It appears like small, infrequent pimples but when I touch them they don't hurt and they don't have pus or go away. It's also very dry especially around my mouth on that side even though I've been exfoliating and moisturising heaps. It started at the start of the year on my chin and now it's all the way up to the top of my cheek near my hairline on my left side. It's not painful or itchy and it's only slightly redder than my other cheek and it's not noticeable unless you look closely. If anyone knows what it may be or anything that might help please let me know.

Also some background info, I'm 17 years old and a girl. I wear make up most days and also take the pill although I've never had skin problems with it before, if anything it's made my skin better. I don't know if this helps but I often lean on that side of my face when I write at school, that may have something to do with it.

Any info helps!
For your symptoms perioral dermatitis should be ruled out. Perioral dermatitis like acne is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis. It mostly effects women and appear around the nose, mouth and eyes. Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I am a 42 years old female and have had a rash on my right side of my face for about 8 months now.  It is not itchy, nor does it exude pus, however, it is red, dry and scaly. I have seen a neurologist and am currently waiting to see a rheumatologist. However, during a blood test of dsDNA, it came out slightly high, per my doctor and ordered to be seen by a rheumatologist. However, I'm not sure what all this really means. It will be months before I can see a rheumatologist due to the location and the lack of them in my town. Can anyone tell me what this might really mean?
Thank you Dr. Kaur. I have an appointment with a Rheumatologist today and will keep you apprised of my results. Thank you again for your response.