rash on palm of hand

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash on palm of hand

i have a rash on the palm of my hand it is like little blisters under the skin and have clear liquid in them they sometimes turn a dark reddish color i have noticed recently that i have a patch of skin now that is peeling and itchy it will peel to next layer of skin and become very painfull. the blister sometimes go away but come back in a cluster in or about the same spot although it has starting to spread up my hand towards my fingers. the patch seems to get bigger each time it peels.
Your symptoms are suggestive of pompholyx. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide) which are available by prescription. Also use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.