rash on penis head- yeast infection?
Hi, I'm sexually active with the same partner for a number of years and we have only ever been with each other. A couple of weeks ago I developed a rash on the head of my penis, which is uncircumsized. Going to see a doctor isn't an option currently but after some research I believed it to be a yeast infection. I was on antibiotics the previous week and my immune system was very low and my diet was also very poor. The other symptoms i have is occasional white discharge i think, and a general itchy and burning sensation, neither of which cause me great trouble. In the last week or so I've stopped eating yeast products and have been drinking plenty of water and coconut oil and yoghurt which i believe are helpful. I have been taking these internally while applying an OTC anti-fungal cream to the area. In the last few days the rash has got worse, my other assumptions are that it is a sign the yeast is dying off, or I'm aggravating the area somehow. Any help would be appreciated.
I cannot confirm without examination but the symptoms that you are having are due to balanitis of the penis.It is an inflammation of the glans penis.

Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hopefully you will see this. Many thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
I understand that it is difficult to make an assessment but I am sure it is what you suggest. I have one more question. I work extremely long hours and have no time to see my doctor for at least the next 2 weeks when I will take the day off. I spotted the problem about 3 weeks ago approximately and I will postpone treatment for another 2 weeks. In your opinion and based on your knowledge is there any potential serious side effects of doing this?
I should also note that my conditions have greatly improved. The rash is only moderately red, no discharge and no itching symptoms at all. I do occasionally get a dull pain down there but I believe that to be from the meticulous cleaning and checking I've been doing down there and also just from thinking about it too much.
Thank you again.