rash on shins and calfs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash on shins and calfs

i have eczema all over my body and have acne (im 16 so the acne is obviously from my age) but i have this horrible rash on my shins and calf its very small bumpy bubbles. theyr not fungus i cant pop them theyr only viewable if u look at an angle but are not filled with anything. This rash or whatever it is , is sooo itchy i have scars from me scartching with random items i find (i dont have long fingernails i bite them so i use these items like remote controll or anything thats sharp or has an edge to scartch it and i get tot the point were i make my legs bleed). I dont know if this is a more severe case of eczema or if its not relarted and its something else please help!! THANK YOU p.s ( i have used lotions and none help ive used cortizone 10 ultre stength. aloe creams and nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide cream given to me by my doc for the eczema.)
  • dry itchy skin. (1 replies):
    i have extremely dry skin,which becomes v itchy in winte...[more]
  • itching (1 replies):
    I'm itching between my ankle to my knee, mt calf and s...[more]
  • dermatology (1 replies):
    I have these red blotches on my legs and now have begain...[more]
  • Skin problems (1 replies):
    what is the best drug for itchy ,dried and peeling skin ...[more]
  • Rash on shin (1 replies):
    I have a small rash that appears periodically on my righ...[more]
From the symptoms it can be due to contact dermatitis or pompholyx. It is characterized by a sudden onset of many deep-seated pruritic, clear vesicles which itch and then peel off. As a result the skin may also fissure.

It is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

If the symptoms persist then topical and oral steroids may be needed and diagnosis confirmed by biopsy skin. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.