rash on toddler
I have a 3 year old daughter and about a year ago i noticed this rash on her bottom and on the back of her knees as well as the inside of her elbows. So I took her to see a local dermatologist her in our town and she was diagnosed with Excema so he gave us a prescription as well as told us to use baby oil and calamyne lotion. We have contines doing this up to today. Last week i noticed on the base of her neck a rash was starting so i just kept on with what the dermatologist said and the rash continued down her whole back to her bottom and the back of her knees as well as the inside of her elbows. I have also noticed on her scalp that it is starting to flake like dandruff. We have tried everything from the sensitive soaps to everything our dermatologist says and we are just kindof stuck. Her rash is really itchy and she itches it until in some spots it bleeds. Please help.....
The symptoms are suggestive of eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can continue applying the calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Shee can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin after a dermatologist’s prescription.
For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid which are available by prescription. Also use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin and try to identify the allergens to which your child may be allergic. You can also get allergy tests done from a dermatologist for the same.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.