rash on trunk of body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash on trunk of body

I have developed a red bumpy rash on my upper body.  It started on my upper back and neck and has now spread to my torso,chest and upper arms as well.  none below my waist.  I had it for about a week and then went to the Dr. thinking it was an allergic reaction to a new prescrription i had started 2 weeks before.  My endocronologist who prescribed the med said it was unlikely  a reaction to the meds.  My PCP said the same thing since it was not all over my entire body but she only looked quickly at the bumps on my back.  I was prescribed a cortizone cream but it doesnt seem to be working that well and it is spreading to other places.  I still think it is a reaction to the new med.  a friend had a similar situation and went to his dr. and was told right  away it was a reaction to his meds interacting.  and was told to take benedryl and drink whole milk which cleared his up in 2 days.  I take an allergy pill every day, claritin d and am still spreading.  should i go back to Dr. or wait it out??  its been at least 2 weeks now since I noticed the rash.  I started the new med about 3 weeks ago.    
Tags: rash
You go back now and get reviewed.The drug should be withdrawn only by the doctors seem imminent.