Dermatology Expert Forum
rash only around my elbows
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rash only around my elbows

I have had a rash on and around my elbows for about 6 months. I got some cream from my Dr. about a month ago called Ultravate Cream. I have used it with no luck. The rash seems to be getting worse. It looks like blisters, but has no fluid in them. They are raised but do not itch. They appear better at times, only to get worse in a few hours. I do not know if this could be something more serious or not???? Can you offer any help at all.....Thank You Kay
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Kay:

Ultravate is a strong cortisone cream.  It works well for eczema, less well for psoriasis.  What you're describing sounds like neither.  I think you should call or go back to the doctor who prescribed the Ultravate, and ask him or her what's going on.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
i WENT BACK TO THE dR. TODAY AND HE TOLD ME WHAT i HAVE IS CALLED.....Leihenoid Dermatitis.He perscribed something else this time, Lidex cream.....He says that it is nothing to worry about. I hope that he is right. Thanks Kay
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker