rash that looks like athletes foot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash that looks like athletes foot

I have developed a rash that is between my breasts and spreading down my stomach that favors athletes foot.  Is this possible?  My fiance has the same thing, only his is all over.  He uses Lamisil spray on his and it seems to stop the itching but not the spreading.  What should we do?  He has also had a kidney-pancreas transplant over 6 years ago and is on numerous medications.  Could his meds be causing this rash?  I would just like to get a hold of it before it goes crazy.  Any advice would be very appreciated.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be fungal infection,intertrigo or erythrasma. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

The Symptoms that your fiancé is having can be due to fungal infection but it can be caused due to the medicines or dueto independent lesions also.Certain medicines lower the immunity and hence give an excellent opportunity to fungal infections to be transmitted.

If the symptoms persist then pls get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
thank you so much for your help.  I will definitely keep you posted.  I'm going to the pharmacy today and picking up the cream.  Again...thank you so much for your time.