rash that looks like scratch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash that looks like scratch

I thnk I am experiencing the same problem as the rash 1-3inches mostly on my arm close to the hands.  It doesn't spread to the rest of my body though.  Sometimes the scratch-like things are in the front of my forearm near the blood vessels, sometimes on the back.  I keep thinking maybe my dog scratched me and I didn't know it then, but it has occurred too often.  Usually when I wash with hot water that is when I first notice it because it stings.  Maybe it's allergies?  But anyways, it doesn't itch and isn't too painful, but it's really weird.

This discussion is related to rash that looks like scratches.

You could take some oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications like loratadine or cetrizine and see if it helps with your symptoms. Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions to help soothe the symptoms.

Have you had allergic reactions in the past? Are you allergic to any specific substances?

You would still need to consult your doctor about the associated symptoms you are having and to rule out a bacterial or fungal infection and whether you need a course of antibiotics or other medications.

Let us know about how you are doing and post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.