rash that went away and left really dry skin
i had a rash on my face about 5 days ago. i have no clue where it came from, and im not allergic to anything. the only thing i did that day was go on a boat ride and fishing, i didnt touch the fiishes or the water, and i just put sunscreen on my face. when i got home and took a shower my face was red and puffy and a little itchy...like a rash, i just put cortizone on it cause i didnt have anything else. the next day i bought and used some benadryl and hydrocortisone because it was still there, by the end of the day the rash was gone, but since then my face has been super dry and peeling. like you can clearly see the skin on my face peeling and its really rough compared to the parts of my face that havent been touched by the rash at all. ive tried face cream and stuff to make my face seem less dry but it hasnt been working. how do i get rid of the dryness or at least speed up the peeling process? this is my face we're talking about here and summer just started.
These symptoms can be due to sunburns. Apply cool compresses on the area and take bath with cool(not very cold) water. Do not scrub your skin or shave your skin and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry.Also use a sunburn Over-The-Counter remedy containing aloe vera and a light moisturizer or a dusting powder to relieve chafing.You can apply silver sulfadiazine (1% cream) on the skin except face and see if it helps.If the symptoms still persist then you should consult a dermatologist and discuss the option of dermabrasion or laser resurfacing.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.