rash with H1N1

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash with H1N1

My 15 year old daughter is recovering from what I believe to be H1N1 although not confirmed on viral swab, clinically consistent symptoms and contact with confirmed H1N1 sufferers. During the course of the flu she developed red scaly patches on her torso and a few on her arms. There does not seem to be any other possible trigger for this, it is not pruritic or weeping but it is spreading. I did not want to take her into the doctor while she had the flu as I did not want her "sharing" her illness or increasing her risk of secondary bacterial infection. However I am quite puzzled and have not found much information regarding a rash with the flu. i do plan to see our family doctor this week but wondering if you have seen or heard of a rash with the flu and what to do with it.
Avatar n tn
Hmm I think I have my answer...Pityriasis Rosea seems to be the affliction from the lit search I did.  Will follow up with GP but am as positive as I can be without a skin scraping.   Thanks to anyone who tried to respond.
I also had the rash with H1N1.  My doctor didn't know what it was.  it has lasted about 6 weeks although it seems to be clearing up.  It was raised and blistery, but not itchy.
Interesting.... my 5 year old daughter has the same red, scaly rough patches on her back, torso and even one small patch on her chin. She also had flu-like symptoms that were likely H1N1 but never confirmed. The patches showed up toward the end of her flu and the doctor thought it was ringworm, but tests came back negative for any fungus. It's been 4-5 weeks since the first scaly patch appeared and seems to be clearing up a bit. No conclusive diagnosis on the patches, I thought it was pityriasis rosea based on some internet searches, but am no doctor. I'd love to know what happens with your scenarios.