rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash

6080726?1283056825
hi, i developed this rash about two months ago along whats thought to be swine flu, i have had it once before on my back after traveling for 5 hours in a car with leather seats and it went away so just assumed it was a heat rash, as i did this time until it hasnt gone away

it started on my back then spread to my shoulders and now in my cleavage.

I was on antibiotics for the chest infection with the flu but the rash started prior, i was also on prednisone for 3 weeks but didnt help it at all

ive tried alpha keri moustiersing lotion, and a first aid cream to no avail,

its not itchy, its mostly brownish colour sometimes red

i havent changed any cleaning, laundry products that i can think of, i dry my clothes inside or in a dryer

I'm allergic to grass pollen, havent been taking antihistimes lately tho

I'm allergic to soap but use soap free body wash and liquid hand soaps

any help is appreciated
more pics on my profile
  • white spots (1 replies):
    can white spot spread by touching,eating food made by hi...[more]
  • nonitchy rash (2 replies):
    hi, i developed this rash about two months ago along wha...[more]
  • white spots what is it? (1 replies):
    i get these white spots on my shoulders and arms what is...[more]
  • skin (1 replies):
    hroughout the year specially from summer to rain My skin...[more]
  • red rash (1 replies):
    i have a really spot chest. i also have an itchy red ras...[more]
From the symptoms it can be contact dermatitis ,sweat dermatitis , heat rash, pityriasis versicolor or pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis versicolor is a common skin infection caused by the yeast Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climates.
A dermatologist’s evaluation will be the best as treatment is different for all.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

great thanks its winter here so not sure! and have shown 3 gps and they didnt know and due to the nz health system seeing a dermatoligist is hard!