rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash

My 2 year old has a rash on the crease of his leg behind hid knee. it started about 4 weeks ago wit that looked like 3 or 4 little skin blisters about the size of a pen tip. i just left it alone and figured they would go away but now he has about 2 dozen and he wont stop itching it. the ones he has sctratched are now little scabs. the doctor i took him to said something about him catching it from another kid and taking 2 years to go away. but gave me no skin cream or forgot to i dont know cause my husband took him when i was at work. i dont know what to do can somebody give me any tips on what this might be and how to get rid of it. thank you.
This itchy blister type of rash can be due to allergic reaction, viral rash, infection, scabies bites or contact dermatitis. Apply calamine lotion and give some Benadryl lotion after consulting a pediatrician. Also make him wear cotton clothes and consult a pediatrician to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.