rashes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rashes

I am 46, has been having itching & red papable rashes all over body especially on chest, face, and lower limbs since last one year or more with only little relief with antihistamines (doctors have tried different groups of antihistamies for a courses of one to two months with only mild-moderate temporary relief, I have done many courses so far lasting months)   My only Medical history is of recurrent diarrhea, spasmodic abdominal pains (episodes once or twice in a month) diagnosed as gastritis with some relief with omperazole. I am not on any regular medication beside antihistamines. No family history of any dermal disease. Could you please tell me what could be possible reason and treatment. Many thanks
For such symptoms, contact dermatitis,  eczema and psoriasis should be ruled out. Psoriasis is a long-term (chronic) skin problem that causes skin cells to grow too quickly, resulting in thick, white, silvery, or red patches of skin.It is thought that psoriasis occurs when the immune system overreacts, causing inflammation and flaking of skin.
I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist after examination and biopsy.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.