recommended products to help?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

recommended products to help?

I have a rash around my lips that doesnt go away. I was prescribed aclovate but was warned that it will eventually thin my skin out.

I was told to change my toothpaste and face wash to something bland, without any perfumes or fragrances. I was wondering if anyone knew about vanicream or cetaphil for an alternative to my aclovate, and which one would be better.

Also, what ingrediants should I avoid in my toothpaste? Ive been looking for fluoride, whitening, and mint free toothpaste. Anything else? Any other suggestions or brand names would be greatly appreciated.

Also, should I change my shampoo as well? Thanks for the help.
This rash can be due to contact dermatitis or perioral dermatitis. It mostly effects women and appear around the nose, mouth and eyes. Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.
Fluorinated toothpaste skin care ointments and creams, especially those with a petrolatum or paraffin base are suggested to be causative factors and should be avoided.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.