recurrent pimple like bump from falling....
Hi there....I have a wierd pimple like bump on my tailbone area that keeps reappearing from time to time.... i got it from falling on a hard floor about 4 years ago.......wats wierd is that the bump turns into more like a pimple and gets filled with pus and often blood...and due to the pressure in the area, by sitting and even walking...it tends to pop and bleed....i have never seen or heard about anything like it before and im really scared that it mite turn into something worse.....im too embarrassed to show it to a doctor due to the inconvenience of the spot....i wud really appreciate it if anyone had a thought about what it could be.....and perhaps what i shud do about it....
Best to rule out a plinoidal cyst which is due to hair irritation at the crack area.
The symptoms are suggestive of pilonidal cyst.It is a cyst right over the coccyx area.In this the skin becomes reddened or even sometimes looks like a small bruise)When it is infected,it causes pain.Antibiotics or surgical drainage may be required.I would suggest a general surgeon’s opinion on this.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.

Thankyou so much for the comments and your help. I am quite scared about the condition at the moment as it has certainly come out to be more complicated than I thought it would be. I will see my doctor asap. I hope it all goes well. Thanks again!
So i have made an appointment with the doctor for later this week. I have been researching on the pilonidal cysts quite a bit. I am extremely scared to have found that the ultimate treatment for this is surgery and that even then the results are not perfect as the cyst can reappear.

I am very nervous as I do not want to get a surgery right now. If it does turn out to be a pilonidal cyst, I am wondering if it is okay for one to live with it through the lifespan or atleast for a few more years as I don't really have any excrutiating pain because of it or much inconvenience in day to day life. ....I hope to hear from you soon,
Thanks in advance