recurring bruise like inflammation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

recurring bruise like inflammation

I still have the recurring spots of inflammation. One is on my arm (large-1" diameter) the other is on my lower abdomen ( small- 2cm) Most of the time these spots are just darker brown/gray/purple like a bruise, with no other sensations or symtoms (symptoms). But, sometimes I can feel these spots become itchy, swollen and deep red.
   I had a biopsy taken and the results were pretty much that it was just a benign growth and led to hyperpigmentation.  I still don't know what is causing the "outbreaks" though, I'm a very healthy person and pay particular attention to what I'm putting in/on my body and it doesn't vary much from day to day.
  I took a couple pictures on my phone, as I'm experiencing the inflammation right now.  It's strange the way it comes on, I almost feel a fever through my whole body, hot and irritated. The itchiness is pretty uncomfortable and will wake me up during the night when it first reoccurs.
Please any info would be great!
From the symptoms the possibility of lichen planus needs to be ruled out. Lichen planus is an inflammatory disease that affects the skin and the oral mucosa, and presents itself in the form of papules (flat spots) or rashes. It is an itchy papular eruption characterized by its violaceous color.
Treatment is available only on prescription and consists mainly of steroids, retinoids, hydroquinone and phototherapy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.