recurring itchy bumps in the exact location, could they be bed bugs?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Over a month ago I began to have an itchy rash on both my arms. It went away a week later than another week late it can back in the same exact spot. Then it went away then it just came back again, on the same spot on my arms. The first time I noticed the rash I assumed it was just an allergic skin reaction. But when it came back the 2nd time I began thinking it might be bed bugs since I'm paranoid about that now that I live in NYC. I also considered it might just be mosquito bites but since the rash is coming back in the same exact spot, I assume that's not it. However, because it's coming back in the same spot I want to assume it's not bed bugs either and instead a skin rash.
Bed bug bite otherwise known as cimicosis rashes come in a linear fashion in rows mostly on exposed part of body.This does not look typical.
When you say linear, how straight are you referring? For example, will it really look like a staight line or "somewhat" of a straight line? So if my entire bottom part of my arm has a "rash", then there's a good chance it's not bed bugs?
The papules or the bites travel along the bug movement ,that is why a generalised rash does not have the typical feature of cimicosis,as in your case.