red, itchy, irritated armpits
Both my armpits have had a slightly raised red rash for over a month now. It itches and I have discontinued using deoderant and soap on my pits. I have tried an anti-fungal ointment, an anti-yeast ointment and hydrocortisone. Hydrocortisone relieves the itching, but the others seem to irritate it more. In any case, it's not going away. I do not have health insurance and would rather suffer than deal with an outrageous medical bill for a 20 second apt. I am a 26 y.o female and work outdoors and have no allergies recorded.

This seems to be a case of folliculitis from your description. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles.

This condition is commonly seen in the pubic region either following shaving or from the friction caused by wearing tight clothing.

Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

They appear as pimples or pustules located around a hair follicle, usually preceded by or associated with itching skin.

You can treat this with topical antiseptic ointment which is adequate for most cases.
Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment can also be applied on the bumps to hasten the resolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folliculitis

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.