red, smooth bumps on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red, smooth bumps on face

5222941?1262335799
Hello. I used to have pretty clear skin up until age 16. After and until now (20 years old), I have what appears to be a red rash with raised smooth bumps on my cheeks mostly. My face flushes quite easily so I try to avoid excess heat and dry places. I do have mild acne but not near where this rash appears. I have never been able to make it go away and have used extremely gentle cleansers and moisturizers to help it go away. I noticed that Dove's Sensitive Essentials Facial Lotion has worked wonders but the product has been discontinued and my rash is back on at full force. This is very frustrating, I hope you can help. I have included a picture.

This discussion is related to red, dry and itchy on the beside of the nose.
From what you have described, rosacea is an important possibility that needs to be ruled out. Rosacea is a cutaneous disorder of the central part of the face , such as forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Pimples or acne are sometimes included as part of the definition.

Treatment options vary from antibiotic creams, antihistaminics, sun screens to laser treatment.A dermatologist’s evaluation will be the best in differentiating whether it is rosacea or not.Other possibilities are seborrheic dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis(less likely).

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.