red blood spots
hello my mother is 50 yrs old she has always had a few red blood spots on her body but in the last few months she has got lots more her upper body more than 50 and some are quite big, some are pin ***** size, should she be worried about this.
These red blood spots can be due to petechiael hemorrhages or due to senile purpura if they are large in size. This occurs due to increased vessel fragility due to connective tissue damage to the dermis caused by chronic sun exposure and aging.

Purpura and petechiae are common after skin trauma and viral infections. They should go away in a few days. But if they persist then please consult a physician and get other causes ruled out which include allergic reaction, autoimmune diseases, thrombocytopenia, ITP or leukemias.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.