red blotches all over both inner thighs w/ red outline

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I am so freaked out, I made a dr.'s appt. today but no openings for 3 wks!!! these started about 3-4 weeks ago on both the insides of my inner thighs and have slowly been spreading further down and along what would be my panty line for the legs. These are out lined in red definitely not a perfect circle, some bigger than a 50 cent piece and some the size of the tip of a cigarette, is it possible that this could be a STD picked up from a toilet seat?!?!? I am to scared to tell my fiance as he will assume the worst of me, PLEASE HELP!!!         krystal
This is definitely not an std. Do they itch? It could be a fungus or a form of eczema.
Avatar n tn
thank you for your reply, it itches very rarely.
Avatar dr f tn

This does not sound like an STD. This however sounds like a skin infection. Probably this could be bacterial or fungal n nature. Dermatitis may also be a differential. If you shave the area frequently, then a bacterial infection may be likely. I know you are seriously worried about this but n the absence of a vaginal discharge or urinary problems, this is not something that should really worry you.

Avoid wearing tight underwear’s. Apply 1% hydrocortisone cream over the area, thinly once daily for three days. If the redness does not improve, then you may have to have this further assessed in case you may need a more potent medication.
Avatar n tn
i actually have the same condition. as do many others. it is either chafing, irritation, or a fungus. definitely not an STD. like previously stated apply a cortizone cream or powder. i just recently found them on the inner side of my thighs and got on here. all the diagnoses given is to use the cream. if it persists go to a doctor for it could be a fungus. i quick look and a prescription would definitely clear it up