red blotches on face
hi i woke up with a swollen eye and a red patch all round my eye that was 5 wks ago i still wake up a lot with a swollen eyelid but also my face is going red for no reason i can feel my face getting hotter it tingles sometimes too iwhat could it be
Unexplained swelling of the eyes and face without any predisposing disease is frequently caused by allergies. An allergic reaction can occur suddenly, even in a person with no previous history of allergy. This swelling of the lip and cheeks is called angioedema.
Diagnosis is by clinical examination and complete blood tests, electrolytes and renal function tests. Treatment is by antihistaminics and steroids.Other possibilities of swelling of lips may be acromegaly, Crohn’s disease, cardiac or renal disorders, herpes and myxedema. It is very difficult to make a diagnosis without examination. So please get yourself examined by a physician and the diagnosis confirmed.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.