Dermatology Expert Forum
red blotches on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

red blotches on face

In 1996 I was diagnosed with dermatamyositis...very mild case and was treated with prednisone for about one year. All symptoms have disappeared and no flare-ups since. I did lose some hair and had a small bald spot which I attributed to the prednisone, and I had some red spots on my face but they were not noticeable and although did not go away completely they did seem to fade. But in the last 6 months, these areas on my face (only on the left side) have gotten redder and larger, mainly along my hairline on the side, over the eyebrow,one area under my eye and one round spot a little lower from that. Also, the bald spot has never gone away and I have some mild itching with it. I don't think it is from the dermatamyostis as I have no other symptoms and these were not the initial symptoms anyway, they just appeared within that year and I just assumed they were associated with it. This is only on one side of my head- the red spots and the baldness and also the eye on that side is a "dry" eye, often feeling irritated. Any ideas? Thanks
Liney:

The spots and bald area don't sound to me to be related to dermatomysositis.  The facial rash could be something banal like eczema.  I'd have a doctor check it out and treat is properly.  Should be easy.

Best.

Dr. R
I've had these red craters on my face for about a year.  I don't know what they are and how they got there.  I tried clearasil and other products for a while but none of them seem to work.  What's the best method of taking this stuff out?
I have these dry red blotches all over my face; especially around the chin area and on my cheeks; although i use an astringent to wash my face and have for years, do you think that could be "stripping" some of my pores so much that it causes these blotches? or maybe it's because i just got my period?
I love that response, "Have your doctor check it out" I went to my doctor with one red blotch o  my upper arm which Ive had for 2 months, his response...."Well it could be anything"

I had a scaly, itchy rash alongside my mouth and under my nose that has since turned soft with the skin peeling away, leaving a red patch in its place - no longer itchy. Any ideas?
i have developed a bruise colored rash the size of a quarter on the front surface of my chin, like a rasberry burn. this morning it has spread slightly.  I am not on any medication.