red blotchy rash on legs and feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red blotchy rash on legs and feet

In a morning i have been waking up with red blotchy rash on my thighs and feet. It goes down during the day but comes up again the next morning. I have had this now for 5 days my doctor says its an allergic reaction to something ive eaten but i dont seem to think so.
I havent eaten anything that i dont usually eat and i have been rubbing antihistimine cream on it and iv been taking antihistimine tablets to stop the itching but it is still re occuring in a morning could this be a heat rash? i havent changed my washing powder either. It is making me quite worried and would like to no what it is it is only on the inside of my thighs and top of my feet. My partner has not got it and he sleeps in the same bed. Hope u can help. thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Heat rash looks like a red cluster of pimples or small blisters. It is more likely to occur on the neck and upper chest, in the groin, under the breasts, and in elbow creases.People suffer heat-related illness when the body's temperature control system is overloaded. The body normally cools itself by sweating. But under some conditions, sweating just is not enough and may manifest as the rash, If you live in a humid and hot environment, this is more likely. The best treatment for heat rash is to provide a cooler, less humid environment. It is important also to keep the affected area clean and dry.

Other differentials such as irritant or contact dermatitis as well as allergic reaction should also be looked into. Take care and regards.