red blotchy skin on tip of penis meatus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red blotchy skin on tip of penis meatus

I have had this condition for a few years.  The skin of the meatu right around the urethra opening is red all the time.  It doesn't really hurt, there is no discharge.  The specific area of the redness changes day to day and even hourly.  I have been tested for STD's and the tests were negative.  
It is mostly a cosmetic issue, but an embarrassing one.
These red dots can be due to contact dermatitis or dermatitis skin. Wash the areas with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also wear cotton undergarments.Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist. Also use water based lubricants like KY jelly during intercourse or masturbation to avoid any further trauma.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.