red bump on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red bump on penis

about a month ago i got a red bump on the rim of my penis and it wont go away. i went to the doctors and he gave me this one cream called triamalide acetone something like that. it doesnt seem to make it go away. it doesnt itch and sometimes it look like it seems to spread but then i put the cream on it and it stops. i am still a virgin so i am almost defenietley sure that it is not an std. can you please help me out.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub,folliculitis,cysts ,molluscum contagiosum(multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug) or genital warts(caused by HPV infection).

Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it.You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

hey its datcastroguy. im goin to the doctors again today and i guess hes goin to help me with it. its not a genetial wart. its just a small raised red bump on the rim of my penis. sometimes when i am erect you can see these small red dots on the rim that go around my penis. i am a virgin and i am like freakin out cuz ive had this thing for so long. it doesnt really hurt that bad unless im walking and my pants rub against it a little, then it hurts a little but not much.
ohh yea and also i have not had any oral sex of any kind.
Since you are a virgin,so these could be Fordyce spots or pearly penile papules.Fordyce spots are small, painless, raised, pale or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the shaft of the penis. The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland, and are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. They are non-infectious and a natural occurrence on the body.

Pearly penile papules are small dome-shaped to filiform skin-colored papules that typically are located on the sulcus or corona of the glans (glands) penis.
Both of them do not cause any problem except that they may rub against the clothes and during intercourse.They are to be removed only when they pose a problem.
I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
hey,
my mom just took me to the doctors last night and the doctor said that i didnt have nothing to be worried about. he told me to stop using the cream because it obviously didnt work. he said that it thins out the skin on the penis, so im gonna just gonna not put anything down there and just leave it alone and then see if it goes away.

ohh yea and the doctor said that those red dots around the rim are just glands so i guess it it fordyce spots. thanks alot and ill keep u posted.
hey. the doctor said to leave it alone for like a month and then go back and see him. he said that there was nothing wrong and that it was normal but i still want to go to a dermatoligist so that he can put his input into it. do u think that i should be worried about this whole thing? one reason i ask is cuz everybody tells me not to worry like my parents and the doctor but why did i get this bump if im not sexually active? my friends that are virgins dont get any kind of problem in that area.
First of all since you never had any unprotected intercourse,so there is nothing to worry about STD’s.Both Fordyce spots and Pearly penile papules are harmless conditions and there is nothing to worry about.It is common to find Fordyce spots in males but not everyone has them.

hey i wonder if this is a cause for concern. I have recently noticed that when i am erect for about 5 minutes or more i tend to notice redness around the rim. and a little red spot where the veins are. Then when it returns to normal the redness disappears and then its the only red bump with a little bit of small bumps around it like it has been. Does the redness come from blood irratating the fordyce bumps?
ok now im noticing around the red bump are these tiny small bumps and when i stretch  the skin it kind of looks a little wrinkly. Is this symptoms of fordyce? Im almost defenitley sure it is but i just wanna make sure
There is nothing wrong.Wrinkling of the penis is present normally.As there is no itching,discharge,pain or scaling,so there is nothing to worry about.

Hope it helps.Take care and regards.
Hey I have had a red bump on the shaft of my penis ad it hasn't gone away for the past week o haven't ever had sexuall intercourse. What are some treatments I can use or creamsto cure it. It is painfully when I squeeze it what can I do please help
i had a bump ln the lower shaft of my penis that looked like one of hair lumps that are on your pubic area which was flesh colored, well there wasnt any hair comming out of it so i decided to pop it and a little white thing came out of it but it wasnt liquid like puss, so like two days i noticed it turned into a red lump and idk what it is can any one explain what it could be or if it could be irritated or infected?