red bumps, intense itching from waist to around mid thigh

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I  have had these bumps for around a week now, they are constantly itching most of the day, i try not to scratch but end up having to because it becomes that bad. I have around 10 bumps total on the head of my penis, and 2 on the shaft near the head. The itch has spread from my penis but i havnt had bumps anywhere else yet. from scratching the bumps they have scabbed over. I havnt had sex in over a year, So i dont believe it could be an STD.

Could it be a possibly yeast infection, if so what would be best way to cure it?
It could be allergic bumps or a yeast infection.Yeast infections are generally caused by an organism called Candida albicans.

Candida albicans is part of the normal environment of the skin, mouth, and intestinal tract.
Antibiotics, chronic stress can contribute to this condition.Symptoms of a penile yeast infection are:
-irritation and soreness of the head of the penis
-severe itching on the head of the penis
-a white, clumpy discharge
-redness color on the head of the penis.

Treatment is with anti-fungal creams like Monistat applied on the affectead areas.
If it is allergic you can take anti-histamines orally and anti-itch lotions on the rash.

ref:http://www.mamashealth.com/men/yeast.asp