red bumps after tanning bed

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red bumps after tanning bed

the last two time's i went to the tanning bed like 2-3 hours afterwards i get these little red bumps, they itch a little bit but they kind of hurt too. I've been reading alot of other discussion boards that alot of people get them after going to a taning bed. The only place I get them in between by boobs and under my boobs. everywhere else is tanning just fine with out a problem. I was curious if anyone is still having these problem's and have your found any way to make it better?

This discussion is related to tanning.
I have that same exact problem!  They go away by the next day, but it's annoying.  Have you gotten any answers yet?
The red bumps that you are talking about sound like folliculitis. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.
I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

i have that problem too...but i go to tanning beds about 5 to 6 times a week. As soon as i saw the bumps on places such as my belly,back of legs and forearm (some smaller and less noticeable than others) i tell myself "thats it!,tomorrow NO TANNING"but the next day they are gone(*argh*)it's confusing and annoying.I'm glad to know that it's common for skin that is sensitive to the UV rays. It's also common for ANYONE to get their heels burned,itchy and irritated from laying in the tanning beds.  

Good Luck To All With This Problem<3