red bumps all over body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red bumps all over body

my son is 2 1/2 years old...about a month ago I took him to the dr's because he had like 10 red bumps on his stomach...they looked like a small mosquito bite ...the dr said he had a mild case of chicken pox....he had the chicken pox vaccine when he was a baby... now its 4 weeks later and the bumps are 100 times worse..they have spread to his back,neck, legs, arms and they are still on his chest... they are just red bumps no puss or blister like bumps just red some are dry and scaby... they don't ever itch..now the dr is saying that there not chicken pox because they would not of lasted this long? just want to know what it is and how to make it go away????
My children had this same problem awhile back. Also misdiagnosed as chicken pox. These bumps itched like crazy tho. Turns out it was scabies,or so the dr says. She prescribed premethrin cream. Cleared them up in a few days. My advice to you is KEEP PUSHING. If their dr isnt getting the job done,then go to another. Keep going to different doctors till you find one that actually helps you. Good luck & keep us posted!!!
Thats how I knew it wasnt scabies this time with my kids. I ended up taking them to 2 different doctors before I found out what they had. Turns out it was poison like I had originally told the dr it was. Alot of dr's are notorious for saying "well its that time of year." and going by that instead of the actual symptoms! Just stay strong anf firm with the dr's!!!!
TRUSHING.
you said in april that the condition you child had was a result of poison. What do mean? My wife used some new cleaning products and I am thinking along these lines. He had red bumps like bites on his face were bad and then on various parts of the body. They put him on Augmentin for 15 days and still not gone but time has caused most to go away but the ones on his face. No other symptoms like fever and neither me or my wife had picked up anything over the past 4 weeks so we are thinking it is from tide product we used to clean his stroller cover. Dr said she was perplexed. send me an email to ***@****
Any updates on your child?  My 8 year old has had red hives that itch for 10 days - they come and go and nobody has an answer for us.
My child is 11 and has the same problem. she started with one lump on her pinky finger- and now it has spread to her legs, ankles and stomach. We to her to our Gp and he gave her some medication diagnosing them as 'bites' but since taking the medication she's gotten worse.. should e take her to the doctor?